A plugin for Delphi/C++Builder 5/6/7/2005, BDS 2006 and Turbo Delphi/C++/C# Professional. It speeds up the time to load the IDE and it also improves the whole speed of the IDE. This is achieved by replacing some often used RTL functions by FastCode function that are optimized for the used CPU. It also adds some caches for function that work on filenames like ExpandFileName().
Important information: All these optimizations do not affect the compiled projects in any way. They are made in memory so all the files on disk are not modified. Uninstalling DelphiSpeedUp makes every change undone because the optimizations are not persistent. They only exist in memory and are limited to the Delphi/BCB/BDS process.
WARNING: Not every access violation in DelphiSpeedUp.dll is a bug in DelphiSpeedUp. Actually many of the exceptions in the RTL package are now thrown in the DelphiSpeedUp.dll because the RTL functions are replaced by the DelphiSpeedUp functions and wrong parameters like nil-pointers, invalid pointers, ... now lead to access violations in the replacement code.
- Improves Delphi/BCB/BDS's load times
- Optimizes often used RTL functions by functions form the FastCode project
- All optimizations are done in memory and do not change any file on disk
- Adds a "Close all and kill" menu item to the "File" menu that terminates the IDE very fast
- The fast termination is used when you close the IDE while pressing the CTRL key.
- Version 2.3 (2007-01-01)
- Added: Package Import Resolver for many System.pas functions and TList/TObjectList/TInterfaceList
- Added: Some FastSys tweaks to improve speed in runtime packages
- Added: .NET's SetThreadPriority(HIGHEST) during IDE loading is now ignored (Delphi 2005, BDS 2006)
- Added: The IDE is terminated faster by pressing CTRL when closing the main form.
- Added: DelphiSpeedUp calls BeginUpdate/EndUpdate for BDS's Tool Palette during startup.