Google
 

Sunday, January 30, 2005

The Code Project - Embedded Firebird: Full-Featured Embedded Database with 2 MB Runtime

Firebird is an database with 20 years of history, full set of features (including transactions, stored procedures, hot-backup, excellent scalability, etc.) and a friendly open source license. It is an overlooked but compelling alternative to Microsoft Jet and Microsoft MSDE 2000/SQL Express 2005. Let's take a look how it can be used embedded in your desktop application. What makes Embedded Firebird ideal for embedding:

  • The embedded runtime is <>
  • The database file (it's just a single file) can have any name and extension. You can associate the extension with your application.
  • The migration to a standalone server couldn't be easier. Just copy the database file to the server and change a connection string on your client.
Read more @ http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/EmbeddedFirebird.asp

5 comments:

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Fine blog. I found your site suitable for another
visit! And when I'm able to surf the web, I look for
blogs as great as your work.
No matter when you are, just stop by and check for my staffing services
blog site.

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Great blog.  I just like the site and I will get a
visit again! In my spare time I usually try and look
for blogs just as neat as yours.
Go by and hit my michigan pharmacy jobs
blog, you'll be glad you did.

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Exciting blog. Your site was amazing and will be
back again! I never get tired of looking for blogs
just like this one.
Go and click my pharmacy staffing
blog.

job opportunitya said...

Exciting blog. The site out did itself and will be
back! I love surfing the internet for blogs that are
exactly like this blog.
Hey son, you need to check out my liposuction plastic surgery blog!

job opportunitya said...

Delightful blog. I devote my spare time just
looking for great blogs such as yours. I treasure this
site and will go back!
It may look like it was hard work, but my aarp medical insurance blog was simple.