Friday, April 28, 2006

The Open Source Venture Capital Universe

Sys-Con discusses how VC investments in Open Source have worked and are working. Says one VC: "What I find most compelling in the OSS business models is the recent shift from the support- and services-based revenue models to the commercial open source. In the commercial open source model, about 80 percent of the product functionality is released as OSS, which guarantees a great product for most customers. The remaining 20 percent of functionality, which is useful to only large customers, is released as a low cost commercial product." Like Fyracle, you mean?

Read more

No comments: