Google
 

Sunday, February 27, 2005

The boon of FireBird for "Edge" development

Researcher finds strong uptick in open source DB use

The boon of FireBird for "Edge" development -- Aside from the traditional names of MySQL and PostgreSQL, Evans also found the FireBird open source databases making some inroads -- particularly in the "edge" sector of networking. Evans found FireBird is the most used database period for 'edge' applications, Microsoft Access is a close second (at 21 percent). In addition, MySQL and FireBird are locked in a virtual tie in the open source database space with each being used by just over half of database developers who use open source databases.

All these factors are providing the DBA/developer all sorts of "prime opportunities" to further push open source into the enterprise, McKendrick added:

"Right now, if a developer wants to put together some type of project, and can't get the CIO to authorize the funding, he can now simply download a free database and build an enterprise-caliber project based on this database," he said. In fact, McKendrick added, the increase in open source database capabilities is more than sufficient for most enterprise projects -- and won't get that developer in trouble.

Read more @ IT Manager's Journal

15 comments:

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Nice blog. I seen the site and I adored the work,
that I want to visit it more each day! I like
searching for blogs that have the same content like
this one!
Oh please, check for the blog site with my temporary staffing
!

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Excellent blog.  I go though the web in search of
blogs like this one. Its so good, that I plan on
returning to its site!
I want you to stop and compare with my pharmacy employement
blog.

job north pharmacy texas7d6 said...

Energizing blog. It blew me away and I loved your
site. when I have the time to surf the net, i try
finding blogs as good as your site.
I hope you can look through my job opening pharmacy tech
blog.

Kim said...

We really enjoy your posts. Very informative and fulfilling.

Our article search wisegeek site is completely pertaing to article search wisegeek.

Come visit.

Anonymous said...

I'have just bookmarked you. Great info - will for sure be back

I have an ebay auctions misspelled auction search site. It pretty much is a search engine that allows you to search eBay for misspelled auctions and allows you to find some great bargains. Come and check it out if you have a chance.

eBay misspelled auctions

Infactahost.com said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a best web hosting site/blog. It pretty much covers best web hosting related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Brian said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a web site promotion marketing site/blog. It pretty much covers web site promotion marketing related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

Your blog contained issues relating to business hosting site small web
which I found quite absorbing. I would argue that business hosting site small web
matters are best left to the professionals in most cases.

Brian said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a doctor list mailing site/blog. It pretty much covers doctor list mailing related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

Use our cheap web host directory to get your web hosting site seen. Increase your chances of getting quality traffic and increase your revenue through or straight forward cheap web host directory

Anonymous said...

Call toll FREE 1-866-602-6411 for more info.

Websmartads.com said...

Great Blog! if you ever need help with errors on your pc, please check out my site computer virus

Websmartads.com said...

Great Blog! if you ever need help with errors on your pc, please check out my site window protection error you need to restart your computer system halted

job opportunitya said...

Great blog.  I just like the site and I will get a
visit again! In my spare time I usually try and look
for blogs just as neat as yours.
Please consider looking at my plastic surgery washington dc blog.

Tito Maury said...

Great blog. Found your blog while searching for more information at yahoo about this post . Your blog has quite a lot of interesting thoughts. Keep up the good work, The boon of FireBird for

Thanks,

ms sql programming