Google
 

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Informix wants to compete with Firebird

IBM on Friday started selling a version of Informix for the small and medium-size business market. This "Informix Express" runs only on 32-bit Linux or Windows systems with a maximum configuration of two CPUs. The price for a typical 40-user scenario is $5,000 per annum, the same as Oracle SE1 and MySQL. How they expect to compete with Firebird, which is at least as capable and reliable, runs on any H/W, and is free in every sense of the word remains the big question.

Read more

4 comments:

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Great blog. I surf the web looking for blogs like
this. Your site was on point and will be back again!
You got me! I will check out your temporary staffing
blog a.s.a.p!

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Remarkable blog. I take the neccesary time to find
blogs that are just as good as the ones you do.
Stop by and look at my michigan pharmacy jobs
blog site.

job opportunitya said...

Great blog.  I just like the site and I will get a
visit again! In my spare time I usually try and look
for blogs just as neat as yours.
If your look to uncover information, please visit my plastic surgery tummy tuck blog

job opportunitya said...

Astonshing blog. I relished in the site and you
know I will be going to it again! Surfing the internet
hepls me to find blogs that arfe just as good.
I hope you had a chance to check out my plastic surgery procedure blog.