Google
 

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Open Source Databases: A brief look at the Berkeley DB, Derby, Firebird, Ingres, MySQL and PostgreSQL DBMS'

So which are the Open Source databases? Most readers have probably heard of MySQL. Its byline is The World's most popular Open Source database after all. There is also PostgreSQL (The World's Most Advanced Open Source Database), as well as Firebird (The Relational Database for the New Millenium). However, there are others too. BerkeleyDB, although not directly comparable, deserves a mention, while Computer Associates recently released Ingres, and IBM did the same to Cloudscape (under the name Derby).


Read more

7 comments:

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Wondrous blog. Your site was very pleasing and I
will go back again! I like surfing the net for blogs
as good as yours.
Check out the blog site with my in it!

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

I took pleasure in the site and I will go back!
Surfing online for blogs like this one is worth my
time. Sensational blog.
Jump into my pharmacy staffing
blog.

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Super blog. I web surf when I have the time for
blogs like this one.Your site was nice and will be
visited again!
Please come by and see my staffing services
blog.

job opportunitya said...

Suitable blog, its very good. I liked the site its
from so much I have to visit it again! I surf the web
for blogs like yours in my spare time.
Search for my teaching jobs blog, please!

job opportunitya said...

Delightful blog. I devote my spare time just
looking for great blogs such as yours. I treasure this
site and will go back!
Check out the blog site with my in it!

job opportunitya said...

Fascinating blog. I loved the site you did a good
job on it, I will be back! I surf the net for blog
like this one.
No matter when you are, just stop by and check for my liposuction plastic surgery blog site.

job opportunitya said...

Exciting blog. Your site was amazing and will be
back again! I never get tired of looking for blogs
just like this one.
Once you sign on, check for my costa rica plastic surgery blog.