Notes on what features it has:
- jDataStore Code ported from Java -> C#
- First Class .NET Database
- 100% Managed Code written C#
- Local connection is done In Process
- Remote connection is done remotely.
- Fault Tolerant
- Delphi/C#/VB Stored Procedure.
- On disk structure identical for:
- .net framework
- .net compact framework
- Linux/Solaris (jDataStore)
- 1.1M Deployment for .NET Framework
- 925K Deployment to .NET Compact Framework
My personal thoughts: This is a unique and exciting technology to try. There is only one other database that I know of that supports Managed Code Stored Procedures and that was the SQL Server 2005. However, nDataStore has a smaller footprint, and looks like it will work well as an embeded database.