Allen Bauer's Presentation will be focused on the IDE specifically.. the room is packed (standing room only)
Multiple personality IDE
- Delphi Win32
- Delphi for .NET
- Win32 & .Net debuggers working simultaneously.
- Debugging .Net code hosting a Win32 process
- AppDomain support in the Module View for managed apps. (App domains show up in the modules panes and in the scope browser pane)
- Soring in the modules view
- Better stack traces in Win32 apps (for frames that don't have Debug Info) (Even after an Exception!)
- Locals view allows for changing frames in Win32
- Exception notification dialog enhancements
- Break/continue buttons
- Ignore Exceptions type check box
- .Net exceptions now show the exception message on dialog
- Unicode enabling view that show program data (watch, locals, inspector, stack, etc...)
- Connect to IIS better
- Better evaluators
- CPU View
- Rename detections naming conflicts
- Extract method
- Extract Resource string
- Sync Edit
- Find unit or namespace
- Declare Field
- Declare Variable
- C# & Delphi (Win32 & .NET)
- Refactoring will cross languages, if you change a C# symbol and it is used in Delphi code the engine will change both!!!
- Will refactor DFM Values as well.
- Select a section of code and press the SynEdit Button or Shift-Ctrl-J
- Then you can tab through common symbols, and change all symbol of the same name at the same time.
- This is COOL!
- Floating Designer will be supported!!!! Even for VCL for .NET (But not Winform's)
- Drag and Drop from the component palette is now support instead of just click and click. (BTW click and click is still supported)
- Similar to Object Tree View
- Shows Errors from Error Insight (see Below)
- Shows Errors by underlining
- Such as undeclared identifiers.
- Does not require a Compile
- Custom Categories allow you to move components for other sections in your own.
- Completely Customizable
- Icon Size
- Show Caption's
- Plus (5-15 More options that I could not record fast enough)
- Has File Management functionality
- Shows Source Tree
- Right Click (Rename)
- Right Click (Add Folders)
File|New Other Dialog
- Much better,tree view down the side instead of all of the tabs.
- If you place your mouse over a symbol
- It will tell you where it is declared and the parameters.
- If an Xml Document is generated for the given symbol it will give that help as well.
- If a parameter has help it you can click on it an see the help for that parameter as well.
- Shows all of the changes that you have made to the file.
- Saves X number of changes to your file.
- Easy to revert to a previous copy
- Diff Viewer to see all of the changes.
- Does not require Star Team
- Enhanced if Star Team is installed because you see items in the repository as well.
Then he ran out time, after talking with him he covered <>